Saturday, July 25, 2009

Poem...I dunno who wrote it...?

Now I sit me down in school



Where praying is against the rule



For this great nation under God



Finds mention of Him very odd.



If Scripture now the class recites,



It violates the Bill of Rights.



And anytime my head I bow



Becomes a Federal matter now.



Our hair can be purple, orange or green,



That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.



The law is specific, the law is precise.



Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.



For praying in a public hall



Might offend someone with no faith at all.



In silence alone we must meditate,



God's name is prohibited by the state.



We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,



And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.



They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.



To quote the Good Book makes me liable.



We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,



And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.



It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong,



We're taught that such "judgments" do not belong.



Poem...I dunno who wrote it...?

Horribly Inaccurate.



IE There are no rules in school abridging the free exercise of religion. Name one.



God doesn't need to hear you, Does he?



The bible can be found in the LIBRARY next to the Torah and Quran, Dao de Jing, Bhuddist writings, etc.



Poem...I dunno who wrote it...?

how fitting to be glamorized upon shite house walls



Poem...I dunno who wrote it...?

i hate poems, especially this one



Poem...I dunno who wrote it...?

You forgot a verse:



Now I find I am a tool,



I hate science, and am a fool,



If someone shot me in the face,



the world would be a better place.



EDIT:



Angeltress, stick it where your priest does. Not everyone in America owns a gun; I don't, and never will. But goddamn I'm sick of the Christian persecution complex. Anyone who reads this "poem" and can't see the hate the author has for anyone who doesn't look and talk and dress and act exactly like he does is just blind.



Poem...I dunno who wrote it...?

Like the poem liked the point bit dramatic, as they haven't drug you and your family out in the street and shot you in the name of atheism, but on the other side many in the world have been drug out of there homes and shot in the name of GOD.



Poem...I dunno who wrote it...?

You can pray, make sacrifices and whatever else you please. What the laws state is that the schools do not have the right to force you to do so.



Why do all of you religious types want to live in a totatalitarian state with a State run religion so badly.



One Nation Under God = Iran.



Your poem is just more propaganda from the religious right wingnuts.



Poem...I dunno who wrote it...?

So true,so true,who ever wrote this knew God.



Poem...I dunno who wrote it...?

I've been trying to find that poem for my daughter, who has two small girls.



It is VERY appropriate.



I am one of those who objected last year, when a young girl had her mic cut for daring to thank God in her valedictorian speech...



All of us were quite irate about it...and there were dozens of us!!



But nobody seemed to care...least of all, "the church"....



EDIT:



Someone ought to get some help for Josh...before he goes on a rampage and starts shooting up his school.



Remember what happens when we ignore threats like this one??



Poem...I dunno who wrote it...?

Well said. Amen! May God Bless the Author!



Poem...I dunno who wrote it...?

Several versions of this "Poem" which is really doggerell based on the "Now I lay me down to sleep" has been attributed for the last fifteen years to "anonymous school children" from various cities throughout the country. It is not a particularly good poem, but it has a message for those who agree with it.



http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/n...



Poem...I dunno who wrote it...?

Any student can pray to whatever God or Goddess they want. They can also lead other students in prayers to their Gods. Teachers are not allowed to lead students in such prayers because it shows favoritism towards one religion over others. If that student feels so sad at public schools, he or she should go to a private school or be home schooled. Students are not allowed to cuss in school either. I think the rant against green hair and "weird clothing" was pointless. How does someone get harmed by seeing someone else with different tastes in fashion? Finally, I want to know which scriptures they plan on using for instruction in this prayer. The Bible should be read at home, church, or private schools, not public schools payed for by taxes.



Poem...I dunno who wrote it...?

Excellent!!!



Poem...I dunno who wrote it...?

Those things you wrote about your school is real life .



We can`t justify Teaching the Bible because it is not a factual or real text.



You have no Proof of a god and your religion infringes on other religions .What you are describing as outlandish behavior is from the Breakdown of Moral Fiber .



Todays parents are not allowed to dicipline their children like in the days of old .Also most parents have to Work 2 or 3 jobs to make ends meet .If you are from the upper class then ,lucky you .The EVil Rich Business`s and the Government are responsible .If they shared the wealth ,just maybe families could re-connect .



Families are no longer close as they used to be .They don`t even get to eat together anymore .



If the prom Queen used the condom that was handed to her maybe she wouldn`t be pregnant .



Why do all you religious zealots think your bible is the answer ? If you REALLY Believe your bible is that powerful ,Why don`t you all "PRAY" at one time to make these problems disappear ??/



I bet it won`t work ,Why ? Because there is no god .



Your bible is nothing more than a fairy tale .

No comments:

Post a Comment