Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How old it too old for a hair bow?

This morning, as I left the daycare my 4 year old attends, my attention was drawn to a woman who was walking towards the building as I was walking towards my car.



She was easily in her mid-late 20s and the child she was with could easily have been hers.



What surprised me though was that the woman (not the child) had a medium sized hair bow, pinned into her hair, just above her ear. The bow matched her outfit perfectly but it looked like a little girls bow, complete with ribbons.



This made me think. I have not worn a hair bow in probably 10 years easily (I am 34). I did wear them sometimes in high school, at the top of a ponytail. I admit, I have used ribbon to make a ponytail.



So, what do you think? How old is too old-for a bow?



How old it too old for a hair bow?

It depends on what kind of bow it was. there are certain bows you can get that are for teens and adults. (mostly teens though.) like at Claires and places like that.



How old it too old for a hair bow?

12 years if they are big and ugly but if they are cute fabric ribbon bows never!!



How old it too old for a hair bow?

Hmm. I don't really think there is an age limit. I still wear one from time to time - on my pony tail or up do.



I am 70



How old it too old for a hair bow?

If we're talking GOOD fashion, and it actually matches, isnt too big and gawdy, and the individual can pass it off .... than there is NO age limit ....



How old it too old for a hair bow?

I would have to say 12 years old...but i try not to sit in judgement of people who are not hurting others. She's not hurting anyone by wearing a bow...except herself..who can take a grown woman with a bow seriously::)



How old it too old for a hair bow?

You shouldnt wear a bow after the age of 11 or 12...About the time you get out of elementary school. Unless you are a cheer leader, in that case its ok, but they should only wear it when they are cheering....



How old it too old for a hair bow?

i think 12 should be the cutoff for hair bows--unless of course your a cheerleader, then i think you have to wear them by law.



How old it too old for a hair bow?

i think you are never to old for a hair bow it just depneds on what you wear with it



hope it helped



How old it too old for a hair bow?

kThere is no accounting for taste!! to answer your question I would guess at about 10 years of age is about the age most little girls give up the bows. - they seem to want to grow up fast these days. (lools like the yummy Mummy has not)



How old it too old for a hair bow?

well the kind of bow ur talking about is a little ridiculas but not one of those cute little normal bows



How old it too old for a hair bow?

4



How old it too old for a hair bow?

it all matters on if yu pull it off



How old it too old for a hair bow?

I have a 12 yr old daughter - hair bow??? shes way to old!!



I would say about 6-8 is when you should stop w/ the hairbows.



This lady just has no fashion!



How old it too old for a hair bow?

w/your face and your hair, you could EASILY pull off the one in the back.....on the side ???? not so sure about THAT....

1 comment:

  1. i wouldnt kno tht much (cuzz im 12) but i would say about to 29 because then ur about to become an adult adult so u might wanna stick to pony tails.

    ReplyDelete