Saturday, July 25, 2009

How long does my dogs hair need to be to use grooming bows?

how do i even put them on her? will they cause her discomfort? i bought some at walmart but theres no instructions on how to use them.



How long does my dogs hair need to be to use grooming bows?

What are you using to attach the bows? Rubber bands?



I put bows on all the female dogs I groom. Even those with only about 1/4 inch of hair.



I make my own bows and use rubber bands. I wrap the rubber band around a hemostat (could also use tweezers) like 2 or 3 times, grab a piece of hair with the end of the hemos then slide the bow down onto the hair as I pull the hemos back.



If the dog has longer hair..like the topknot of a ShihTzu, Maltese Yorkie etc..then I just grab some hair, make a ponytail and wrap the band around the hair.



Bows will not cause discomfort as long as they are in right and not too tight.



Be very careful with the rubber bands that you do not get any of the skin caught in there! Also, be sure that the hair is not wrapped too tight so that the eyes are bulging out.



How long does my dogs hair need to be to use grooming bows?

About 2 to 3 inches. Ask the Groomer if they can do it. Most of the time you can get the answer over the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment