Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Regarding my violin bow, when you look at the hair straight on, should the bow top be turned to the

When I look at my bow by tightening or not, the top of my bow is bent to the right. Is that correct? I asked a similar question but didn't specify what I meant. If you're hold the bow, hair toward you, should the top of the bow be turned to the side?



Thanks,



Linda



Regarding my violin bow, when you look at the hair straight on, should the bow top be turned to the right?

The top of the bow should not turn to the right. Judging by this question, I'm assuming you're rather new to the world of violin, which subsequently means, you probably don't have an expensive bow. If this is the case, don't bother with the luthier, just take it to your local music shop and have them help you pick a new one. If it is expensive, then take it to your luthier.



Regarding my violin bow, when you look at the hair straight on, should the bow top be turned to the right?

contact a luthier in your area.they should be able to help you. i know that bows can twist out of shape, they should be under mucic stores that do repairs. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment