Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Poodle hair care??

I was wondering if anyone could give me instructions or direct me to a website that can tell me how to put bows in a poodle's hair. The groomer does it using hemostats. I bought a pair but I cannot get the bows to stay in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.



Poodle hair care??

I use dental bands and hemostats. I make the bow with dental band or you can buy them premade. I wrap the band around the hemostats twice or 3 times depending on how much hair and the band size.



I make and loop of hair, and open the hemos and put the band around the hair. Then I slide the band off the hemos and using the closed tip of the hemos to pull the hair out through the band. You have to pull gently and evenly.



Your groomer should be able to show you.



http://www.groomers.net/discus/messages/...



DO NOT leave bows in the hair over 3 days or you could end up with a big matt. Also, always check to make sure there is some space between the band and the skin or you could end up with damaged skin and a bald patch. Also slide your metal Greyhound comb between the band and the skin to slightly loosen the hair underneath so it doesn't pull on the dog and hurt.



http://members.cox.net/precious_petals/P...



You can always glue gun a bow to a barrette (not to the dog)



Poodle hair care??

I always put bows in my cocker-poo by making a small top-knot on her head, then I used those small orthodontic elastic bands to keep the bows on. My little lady lived for 17 years. She died just this last December. I still miss her so much!



Poodle hair care??

check out gwlittle.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment